Click here to visit my Facebook profile.

Friday, March 19, 2010

i wrestled a bear once

About two weeks ago, my assignment with my job ended, so I found myself unemployed. I started applying at restaurants around town and today landed a job as a server at Logan's Roadhouse in Castleton. I'm definitely psyched about it. Not only is this a new job that could very well prove to be both exciting and lucrative, but it feels this is the start of a new chapter in my life.

I'm entering a different realm of work than I've been used to for the past three years. I'll have to deal with people on a daily basis. At first, I would tend to shy away from that sort of thing, but after I think about it, I realize that it most likely will greatly develop more interpersonal skills and more of an ability to adapt to different situations. I really want to be good at this job, not only to stay employed, but also to expand, or rather, broaden my knowledge and experience in life.

Getting this job has also given me a big boost of confidence. I remember saying once that I would never work full-time and go to school as well. That fell through. After I had been working full-time for a while, I said I couldn't go back to a variable-schedule (part-time) job. That fell through, too. Even before both those cases, I said I wouldn't be able to do a job serving tables. Now, that claim is crumbling as well. This confidence also lets me know that I can do well in school if I really want to. The thing is, I really want to. I've fallen behind in my homework, far enough behind that I can't turn it in for points. This weekend is gonna be rough because, though it will no longer count towards my grade, I'm gonna catch up on my math homework. There's a lot of it to do, but I need to do it so I can understand and master the rest of the course. I need to stay on top of the rest of my classes, too. The rest of the semester is just gonna be a bear, but I've wrestled a bear before. This one, I have to make sure to pin down....

No comments:

Post a Comment

About the Blogger

f